Debut by Juan Carlo recently held an online contest where they picked 18 finalist from a selection of seven thousand candidates across the Philippines. The eighteen finalists were selected based on who embodies Luxury, Quality and Elegance. Among the finalists, the winner was Katrina Vistan, a homeschooled student from Lipa, Batangas City.
I got invited to attend the event and write about my experience. What got me excited was the fact that I get to see Juan Carlo Catering in action. If you’re not familiar with Juan Carlo Catering, they are locally known as “the caterer to the stars”. They were the preferred provider for high profile events like the Ogie Alcasid and the Regine Velasquez wedding, the Zoren Legaspi and Carmina Villaroel wedding, and recently they launched Debut by Juan Carlo, a company specializing and focused on Debuts. Among their recent masterpiece debuts were the two young superstars, Julia Montes and Kathryn Bernardo.
Getting to see Juan Carlo The Caterer in action was quite an experience. They flawlessly execute an event that you’ll never forget. The venue was at Fernbrook, a magical place so beautiful, it’s like you’re in Westeros from Game of Thrones or insert your favorite fantasy world.
The music was a dazzling fusion of modern and classic. Imagine listening to Katy Perry’s firework and other modern popular songs played with classical instruments to serenade you for the entire night. I loved how every detail was perfectly done. Here are a few things I’ve observed.
- The photo booth outside had modern fun props like a censored sign and like buttons and this was a way for people to remember the night.
- They don't just serve water, the water is laced with lemon and cucumber to provide a refreshing flavor.
- The creamy pumpkin soup with truffle oil was so smooth and tasty you'd want to ask for a bucket of it.
- The clip where they showed Katrina Vistan as she grew up was crafted with care.
- The service team offered water and refreshments without us asking. Every time I attend events with caterers, I had a difficult time getting water or whatever refreshments because there were always busy juggling tasks.
- One waiter worked to fixed a shaky table because he noticed it when he served us drinks, not because someone asked him to.
This tells us that the people involved in the project care and know exactly what they’re doing. It’s a small party. One composed mostly of close family and friends. There were twenty tables.
According to Mark, all their best meals are here, which I couldn’t wait to try.
- Porkloin Wrapped In Bacon And Spinach soft tender melts in your mouth.
- Angel Hair Puttanesca with Black Olives nice and flavorful, the kind that I would want to eat everyday. Makes me think that maybe the chef at Juan Carlo captured a real angel, killed her and used her parts to make this dish. Everything about it is beautiful.
- Pasta Al Pesto with Pine Nuts good herby and refreshing. The best pesto pasta dish I've had so far and pine nuts are hard to find. Great job.
- Pasta Alfredo this dish is actually the kind that I avoid because I feel like it will be either too bland or too salty. Juan Carlos's version is absolutely perfect and the best one that I've ever tasted. Each pasta is coated by the rich and creamy sauce that will make you want to go back for it several times.
- Chicken Breast in Piri Piri Sauce The grilled chicken breast is perfectly seasoned, moist, soft and full of flavor.
- Ox Tongue with Buttered Mushroom the sauce is wonderful. It's incredibly soft, fragrant and luxurious.
- The Lamb has everything that you love in a dish. The meat is soft and melts in your mouth. The flavor is heavenly.
- Spicy Grilled Prawn with Lemon Grass and Paprika. The prawn is absolutely perfect. I'm in love with it.
Everything is amazing and I can’t think of an event I’ve been to that matches the experience. I’m writing about this from a point of view of a guest.
So what do I think of the event? Everything I hate about going to an event does not exist with Juan Carlo’s service. No unnecessary waiting, no boring intermission. The food is perfectly thought of and served in its best condition. No hassles. All I do is go there and enjoy myself. Juan Carlo lives up to its reputation as the best food and service money can buy. If a friend is holding a debut or a wedding, I wouldn’t think twice about recommending Juan Carlo the Caterer.
It was really amazing. So emotional. Juan Carlo the Caterer exceeded my expectations. Sobra. I'm super thankful. -Kat Vistan
You can find out more about Juan Carlo the Caterer at http://juancarlothecaterer.com