One challenge of the ketogenic diet is eating out.
Filipinos love rice and eating rice is expected.
It’s going to take a little trial and error but with a little patience you can get used to eating out in the Philippines on a Ketogenic diet.
Here are some tips and suggestions to eating out and following the rules of the ketogenic diet in the Philippines
Rules I follow to Eating Keto in the Philippines
- If you notice that the sauce is a little sweet, don’t eat all of it. Just consume the meat part.
- Get used to eating the same meals.
- Explore until you find Keto meals.
Eatery Suggestions Mainstream
- Pork Sinigang. (Don’t eat the gabi)
- Bulalo, Nilaga and Tinola.
- Kaldereta (Don’t eat the potato)
- Beef or Pork Steak
- Chicken or Pork Adobo (Get extra eggs if you can)
- Afritada (Don’t eat the potato)
- Lechon Kawali
- Eggs are your friend. Get fried eggs, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, balut, etc.
- Liempo or Barbecue. Some sell them drizzled in a sweet sauce, just rinse it with a little vinegar and you’re good.
- Chicken Inasal with skin
Eatery Suggestions - Exotic
- Gotong Batangas
- Canned Tuna
- Hotdog without bun. (Better than nothing. Not good for super strict Keto)
- Boiled Egg
If I have a chance to buy from a grocery here’s what I’d get.
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
Disclaimer. I don’t follow super strict Keto. I’m satisfied just not eating rice and cutting down on my sugar.
I hope this helps.
Thank you for visiting my site.