I like lentils because it’s nutritious, filling and most importantly, you can eat as much as you want and never get fat. I’ve lost more than 20lbs without exercise by eating lentils only six days a week.
Here’s the thing, there’s a large variation in taste. Unless you’re using canned lentils which are a bit expensive. When using dry lentils however, sometimes it tastes good sometimes it tastes like crap.
Here’s how to make the taste consistent:
- Chicken Stock Cube
Here’s what to do:
- Measure the lentils with a cup.
- One cup of lentils is equal to one cup of water.
- Soak the lentils for 10 to 15 minutes.The lentils will expand and then drain excess water.
- Boil the water. (If you used two cups of lentils use 2 cups of water)
- When water is boiling, add salt, the chicken stock and the lentils.
- Cook/Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Mix every 5 minutes.
You can now use the lentils and make a lentil salad or saute it with some garlic, onions tomatoes and parsley or eat it on its own.
Thank you for reading.