How To Make Baked Oreo Cheesecakes
A couple of years ago, I set out to learn how to cook. I started reading the Four Hour Chef by Tim Ferriss and eventually watch every video I could find of Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver, Heston Blumenthal and Chef Steps. Every payday people at work buy this cheesecake dish from me and it makes a good gift if you’re on a budget or don’t know what a person might want.
This cheesecake dish is so amazing and so easy to make an idiot like me can create it. It involves a little bit of trial and error but over time it’s going to be perfect.
- Cream Cheese 550 grams or two 225 gram packs. I use Emborg and/or Swiss Valley.
- Eggs Three large
- Caster Sugar the original Gordon Ramsay's recipe says 160g but I find it to be too sweet I reduced the sugar and 70-80 grams is just perfect.
- Flour Three Table spoons.
- Oreos 1 pack
- Lemon Zest Between 1/4th and 1/3. You can put in more but I find it too strong.
- Mixing BowlLarge enough that the ingredients don't spill.
- Whisk or Elextric Mixer I've used both and the electric is more consistent you can go manual if you want a more home made rustic feel.
- Bakable Containers I use the kind that has a non stick lining inside
- Baking Tray. Just a plain one.
- Thermometer. So you don't burn these babies.
- Weighing Scale. If you don't have one. Get your ingredients weighed at the store you got them from.
- Microplane Zester for the lemon.
- Leave the cream cheese outside the fridge for a couple of hours or so so it goes to room temperature. Cream cheese is difficult to mix if it’s hard from the fridge especially if you’re doing things manually.
- Do the same with the eggs.
- Separate the oreo’s into two and put one at the bottom of your container.
- Mix the cream cheese, the eggs and the flour together until the mixture is consistent. Add and mix in the lemon zest at the end.
- Add the cream cheese mixture in the middle. fill your container to about 60-70% or roughly 2/3 because the mixture tends to rise because of the flour. Top with oreo.
- Bake 180c for 15 minutes.
- I made it cupcake sized so it cooks faster.
- Once you notice the sides beginning to brown take the cheesecake off the heat.
- I ended up reducing the sugar to 65-70 grams and it still tastes perfect.
If you want to order a box or some lessons on how to make it, let me know. Free delivery only applies to Paranaque.