How to Get Ketogenic Diet Meals Eating Out in the Philippines
One challenge of the ketogenic diet is eating out.
Filipinos love rice and eating rice is expected.
It’s going to take a little trial and error but with a little patience you can get used to eating out in the Philippines on a Ketogenic diet.
Here are some tips and suggestions to eating out and following the rules of the ketogenic diet in the Philippines
Rules I follow to Eating Keto in the Philippines
- If you notice that the sauce is a little sweet, don’t eat all of it. Just consume the meat part.
- Get used to eating the same meals.
- Explore until you find Keto meals.
Eatery Suggestions Mainstream
- Pork Sinigang. (Don’t eat the gabi)
- Bulalo, Nilaga and Tinola.
- Kaldereta (Don’t eat the potato)
- Beef or Pork Steak
- Chicken or Pork Adobo (Get extra eggs if you can)
- Afritada (Don’t eat the potato)
- Lechon Kawali
- Eggs are your friend. Get fried eggs, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, balut, etc.
- Liempo or Barbecue. Some sell them drizzled in a sweet sauce, just rinse it with a little vinegar and you’re good.
- Chicken Inasal with skin
Eatery Suggestions - Exotic
- Gotong Batangas
- Canned Tuna
- Hotdog without bun. (Better than nothing. Not good for super strict Keto)
- Boiled Egg
If I have a chance to buy from a grocery here’s what I’d get.
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese
Disclaimer. I don’t follow super strict Keto. I’m satisfied just not eating rice and cutting down on my sugar.
I hope this helps.
Thank you for visiting my site.